Be part of a fast growing, dynamic team! We are seeking an Imports Coordinator person for our Rice and Grains Department.
The primary function of this position is to assist with importation and purchasing of the rice and grains department.
This position is responsible for supporting the Imports group with the import of containers for rice and grains as well as placing and executing purchase orders with vendors. This position requires strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills and will develop a working knowledge of import regulations and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Under the direction of the Imports and Logistics Operations Manager:
- Facilitate the import process to minimize delays and logistics costs related to rice and grains imports.
- Coordinate all import activity with customs brokers at the appropriate time.
- Ensure all import documentation is in order and is received and disseminated in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with dray carriers to guarantee efficient delivery of containers.
- Ensure that ISFs are complete and filed with the government on time.
- Track shipments and arrivals of incoming containers. Alert appropriate team members of any significant delays.
Planning and Purchasing:
- As required by purchasing managers, create purchase orders and distribute to the appropriate vendors. Ensure all relevant instructions are included on the document.
- Update arrival dates on the purchase order as required.
- Modify purchase orders as necessary.
- Record landed costs in purchase document as needed.
- Help with special projects when necessary.
Essential Job Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (preferred)
- Minimum one year’s experience with imported goods or a related field preferred
- Experience in the food and/or grocery industry extremely beneficial
- Experience with ERP software helpful (e.g. Microsoft Business Central)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Possess excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivation and effective follow-through
- Excellent professional communication skills to include written/editing, verbal and interpersonal
- Commitment to detail and accuracy of work output
All employees are expected to keep abreast of current trends and techniques in their area of responsibility; participate in the activities of professionals appropriate for the food trading business and the Company (if and when appropriate); pursue continuing education as needed.
- Health, VSP, Dental
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and Employer Match Program
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
Otis McAllister is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity of thought, expression, background and people are a key component to our business. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.